2.19.2007

Then and Now...


If you go to the MM Idol website, they're talking about Then and Now, or how your scrapbooking style has evolved.
This is one that I did in 1996, about a year after I started scrapping. Even back then, I liked to keep it pretty clean and simple. :)

And here's one I did for my first blog post, almost 2 years ago. Have I really been blogging that long? Anyhow, I love looking back at my first layouts, stickers and all. :) In some ways, they were better back then. I was better about capturing occasions, rather than just moments. And I definitely journaled more. But now I feel like I've learned to journal through the overall "feeling" of the layout, the mood or tone that the color, texture, art reflects. Either way, they're mine, and I love them!

So I added interval cardio (walk/run) to my workouts, and my shins are SCREAMING. I vaugely remember having shin splints in high school when I was on the track team, and now it's all coming back to me. Yikes. But I'm feeling GOOD overall...I have more energy and little less jiggle in the south 40. So it's all good. :)

Speaking of 40, that was a lot of my motivation for getting into shape. Next year, I turn 40, and I want to be in the best shape of my life. I also want a tattoo on my lower back, and there's no WAY I'm getting it until I've earned it. I'm also a little shy about shimmying down the jeans until the booty is in better shape.

Kids are out of school for the next two days, and we're working on a cute little handbag project...pics to follow later, hopefully!

No comments: