5.12.2007

A busy Saturday...


We started to clear some trees from behind our house in preparation for a new patio, and I found this very cool chickadee nest. Here's Papa Chickadee feathering his nest. It's now full of moose hair, down and ultra-soft debris of all kinds. So for now, this stand of birches will have to stay put.
My husband put together this swing that was my mom's, and we decided that the oasis is the perfect spot for it. That's the bleeding heart in the center, and the poppies are to the right in the picture. There are also a few hostas, a bergenia and some goat's beard. This swing is pretty special to me because all my kids swung on it with Grandma while she sang them their favorite songs.
And FINALLY my front steps are being replaced. Halleluja! The steps were literally rotting under our feet, and have been for the past 4 or 5 years. It's just one of those items that got pushed to the bottom of the to-do list. I need to paint them up to match the rest of the porch now.

We had a productive day! Now I'm off for a bikeride with Sage. Let's hope I can keep up with her. :) Have a wonderful Mother's Day.

No comments: