10.23.2007

Soup Weather






Mmm, I love this time of year! I get to pull out all my yummy, fuzzy sweaters, curl up inside with a book, sip hot chocolate and make huge pots of steamy soup. I'm just getting over a raging sinus infection. You know the kind that makes you want to chop off your own head with an axe. Sam had a tooth pulled yesterday that had a nasty abscess underneath, poor guy. So we're sipping soup together, and boy is it yummy. I know everyone probably has a southwestern soup recipe, but I'll go ahead and share my version. Be sure to pour yourself an extra shot of tequilla if it's been a particularly bad week. ;)




Mom’s Tequila Lime Chicken Soup
Recipe by Michelle Baker, 2006

2 Tbs. Olive oil
2 chicken breasts, diced small
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
6 baby carrots, sliced diagonally
2 ribs celery, sliced diagonally
2 cans chicken broth
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can green chile enchilada sauce
1-2 shots tequila
1 tsp. lime zest
Juice of ½ lime
1 C. frozen corn
1 tsp. cumin
1 C. small pasta ( I used bow tie)
Salt and pepper
Colby Jack cheese, shredded
Sour Cream
Green onions, sliced

Saute chicken in olive oil until white. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery and sauté 3-4 minutes, until veggies soften. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, chile sauce, tequila, lime juice and zest, corn and cumin and bring to a soft boil. Add pasta and simmer according to package directions (usually about 8 minutes). Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with shredded Colby-jack cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions.




I did some sewing over the weekend! A special order apron, and a purse/tote for Maggie. I finally figured out how to use the ruffler foot on my machine, after breaking 3 needles. Yikes! But it sure makes nice ruffles. :)

3 comments:

alittlebitofscrap said...

The bag and the apron are both very sweet.

Michelle said...

Love the apron! It's just adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love the purse!!! The apron is so cute, too!! Do you know I don't even own one apron...but Raye has one! LOL