2.21.2008

New Beginnings


One of my favorite kinds of junk is architectural salvage. I wish we had more if it here in Alaska! The finial came from eBay, and is now keeping my chunky chicken company in the living room.
The husband and the son are sick, sick, sick. Poor guys, they have have the whole nine yards; fever, aches, chills, sneezing, coughing. Yikes. Send any healing vibes our way, please!
I found the cutest store yesterday! It's called Younique Boutique Consignment, on Bogard & Seldon in the shopping center with Extreme Tan. She's got some very cool clothing, and it's SO reasonably priced! I picked up a pretty kiwi green sweater for $11, and something for each of the girls. Of course, it doesn't hurt that she's got it decorated to die for...just the right amount of vintage, with a dash of funky, and a touch of sparkle. I felt right at home. Go check it out!
And lastly for this morning, I want to post about The Scrap Shack. Many of you may already know, Heather will be closing the store on March 1st. I am being completely selfish when I say I'm sad to see her close. I will miss so many things about the store; the crops, the classes, the fun new stuff, and mostly just the way I always knew it was a place I could stop for company, no matter who was working that day.
I'm so incredibly blessed to call Heather my friend. I can't wait to see what new things life has in store for her!

No comments: