1.13.2009

Brrrrrrr


Hey...I've found Facebook! Stop by and say hi. Because I don't spend enough time on the computer already. ;)

It's been a rough week here. The record cold snap really took its toll on Kiska. She's old for a llama at 21, and just didn't have the strength and body fat to stay insulated against the -35° temps for weeks on end...so I made a very tough decision and let her previous owner take her back to her farm, where she could be inside a heated building. I won't go into all the mixed emotions I have. Just know it's like giving up a part of myself, seeing her go.

Tyea and Yentna have dealt just fine with the insane cold, thank goodness, and it looks like it's finally warming up a little.


Yesterday I took the kids to see Marely and Me. Oh. My. Goodness. It's a wonderful movie, but take some tissues. Ginger was never naughty like Marely was, but at the end, as Marley aged, I saw Ginger all over again. She started sleeping downstairs when she couldn't make it up the staircase any more. She slowed way down on our walks. The fur on her face turned snow white. Needless to say, I cried and cried.

This week is going to be all about clearing out the craft room. It's become a dumping ground for all the stuff that's accumulated from the past year. It's time to purge! I need to at least be able to find the floor so we can start tearing out the carpet and get the hickory flooring installed. There will be some serious giveaways involved....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) It has been a hard week for us here, too.

Stephen and Raye flew to GA last Thursday...to visit with Nanny. They flew home Saturday and Nanny went to heaven that evening.

Justin turns 18 this Friday! I can't believe it! OMG 18!! I'm the mom to an adult! WTH?

Donna A