6.07.2007

Class Sneak Peek

Here's a little glimpse at one of the layouts we're doing for the June 14 class at Scrap Shack. This one's called "My Alaska" and has all kinds of stuff going on. I was totally in the mood to experiment for this class, and really worked outside the box (for me!). We'll be stamping with ink and paint (those who know me know I RARELY stamp, so I promise this'll be totally painless for those non-stampers out there like me!), doodling with pen, mixing b&w with color photos, trying out some new picture placement ideas and using lots of photos. Both layouts are 2-page and this one has 7 photos.

The other layout is called "EveryDay Hero" and can be used for any special man in your life. Plan on using 4-5 photos on this one of that special guy. More painting (EASY stuff, pinky promise!), funky freehand cutting, stamping.

I'm excited about the class! If you want to sign up, call The Scrap Shack at 376-4430.

And speaking of Heather (at The Scrap Shack)...her husband just came home last night for his mid-tour leave from Iraq!!! I'm so excited for her, you'd think it was MY husband. lol He left when their baby was just a few weeks old and Heather has been so amazing while he's been gone. I'd have fallen apart, I think. Anyway, I am so, so happy for her and her family. I'm resisting the urge to call her and get all the details of the reunion at the airport, so they can enjoy his first day back together. :)

Alrighty, I'd better go pay some attention to my house. It always suffers a little when I'm getting ready for a class...I get tunnel vision until the projects are done. And hey, I am ready a full WEEK ahead of schedule. Unheard of!

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Kori said...

the project for the class looks fun and funky! you'll have to send me some pictures. i can see, right! :) i'm so happy for heather and her family. hopefully he'll be back for good!? that has to be so difficult especially with a new little one!