4.09.2008

Introducing...

Yentna! She's on the right, and her baby brother is on the left. We're adopting Yentna, and will pick her up the weekend. Isn't she gorgeous?! She has a very curious, friendly nature. She's turning 4 this Spring, so we'll have lots of wonderful years ahead with her. We intend to train her to pack, so she can come along with Tyea on hikes this summer. I've never trained a llama before, so it'll be an adventure for both of us! And the fact that she's named after an Alaskan river, just like Tyea, Salcha and Kiska, means she was meant to live with us. :)
Remember a few weeks ago when I posted the sneak of the new project I was working on? The black bookcases? Well, they're still black. heehee Thanks in part to my being sick for a week, going on my birthday vacation, and to little sidetrack projects, like finally painting some housenumbers. We've been in our house for 9 years now...think it's about time I put some up? ;) It's hard to see in the picture, but I used some crackle medium with red underneath the antique white. It's a cool, antique look.
Maggie and I had fun building some little nests yesterday. Mag went outside and gathered moss, pussy willows, and some leafy things, and we added Spanish moss and a tiny birdie. Cute. Maggie put hers in the teapot on a cool pewter plate I found in Iowa, and mine's under the cloche.
I finally found a use for the Wedgewood china plate I picked up at a thrift store! The antique silver creamer was a gift from my mother-in-law.
And another sidetracked project...a new shower curtain and window curtain in the bathroom. I found the red and white gingham valance at a thrift store, and just sewed a white sheet behind it, for an instant shower curtain. :)

So, as you can see, I've been pretty sidetracked lately. But totally in a good way. :)

No comments: