8.11.2008

Yummy Summer Treat

So Maggie and I had a craving for a sweet treat yesterday, and this is what came of it. We whipped up a lemon meringue pie. It was delish! Notice I said was. That sucker didn't last to the end of the day. I cheated a little and used canned pie filling...but the meringue is from scratch, I promise! Maggie did that part...not bad, huh?


I had some leftover pie filling from the second can, so I improvised and made a second dessert with a graham cracker/Ritz crust and toasted coconut topping. To make the crust:
2-3 crushed graham crackers
4-6 crushed Ritz crackers
1 Tbs. sugar
2 Tbs. melted butter
Combine in the bottom of a glass pie or tart pan, press firmly with bottom of glass.
Smear on the lemon pie filling, and top with toasted coconut. Voila! A totally made-up dessert! lol
PS: That one's totally gone, too. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone!

No comments: