11.25.2008

Moving Right Along

After I took down the Halloween stuff, I was left with a blank slate on top of this dresser. I just love this little spot in the living room. The possibilities are endless! I had the photos printed out at Target after uploading them to Photobucket, to see how I'd like the service (we just got a Target!) and I'm pleased with how they turned out. Mostly I was happy I didn't get to the store only to find out the one-hour service takes more like 4-5 hours (Wal Mart).

I picked some of my favorite pics from this summer, washed out most of the color (desat 80%) and came up with an almost-black and white look, with a hint of color.



This week we're putting the new Hickory flooring (fingers crossed we're finished before we host Thanksgiving!) and hanging new curtains in the living room. I designed a funky, industrial rod that I'm not sure will work, so I won't post it just yet. Stay tuned!




Anyone else putting Christmas decorations up early this year? I started last week, I am so into the spirit! This year, I'm keeping it simple, simple, simple. Lots of white satin ribbon and natural elements. Today I plan on hitting the thrift stores to see whose old stuff I can reconstruct. :)

No comments: