2.16.2006

I'm such a chicken...

when it comes to paint. I wish I was more like Kori and could just take the plunge and paint lots of different colors in my house. But it intimidates the heck out of me! I think I'm going to do it, though. I think, after 6 years in this house, I'm ready to paint my living room. The color is Ralph Lauren Vintage Masters collection, Chamois. I neeeeeed to brighten this place up! I have a serious case of cabin fever and think this'll help cure it. So that's what's on my agenda for the weekend. Sam will be spending it at Grandma and Papa's, so that factor is out of the equation, making life a little easier. I'll post pics when I'm finished. Wish me luck!! I'm painting over a med. dark paneling...yikes. A little scary.

2 comments:

Kori said...

good luck sister! are you doing a primer first? probably best if the paneling has any sort of finish on it. i love the idea of that paint color in your living room. it's going to brighten it up so much but yet still look warm and cozy! very fun. ps. i LOVE those candy bars! way cute. i'll have to remember those for teacher gifts.

Anonymous said...

Oooh....can't wait to see the finished product. I went a little daring in our basement. We are just finishing it and I went a deep mustard yellow. It turned out FANTASTIC! Hey..and as my MIL always says, "It's just PAINT!" So if you don't like it, you can always paint over it. To me, it's the cheapest way to redecorate! GOOD LUCK TO YA!