3.08.2006

Wednesday ramblings...

My mom didn't remember what happened. She did remember me. So thank goodness for short-term memory loss. I think the weight of the past six months is taking a toll on me. I am having a hard time coping with even the smallest obstacles where my mom's care is concerned. Or maybe it's just pms. I really let ethe poor guy at the Alzheimer's Resource center have it yesterday when he asked me for some documents. I just want the stop taking care of her, for a day, and just take care of my own family. Is that selfish? I know I can't do that. But it doesn't stop me from resenting the whole ugly situation. The cancer, the dementia, the Medicaid nightmare. All of it. I wish it would just go away. But then I'd be wishing away my mom. I wonder how many times she felt like this about me when I was growing up? I know I put her through some tough times. And I guess that's what keeps me going. I owe this to her.

In scrapbook news, I've completed 82, that's eighty-two, pages for Sam's classroom scrapbook in the past three weeks. Wowza. I'm keeping them simple, clean, graphic. And I'm burning through an awful lot of cardstock and adhesive! Also using my Quickutz a ton!

On the agenda for today: More scrapping, reorganizing in the scraproom, purging the girls' closet (have to do that while they're at school to avoid any traumatic scenes) and enjoying my quiet house. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are in my thoughts.
Court

Anonymous said...

82 PAGES!! HOLY CRUD! I would love to see some of them, if you are willing to share!!!

Anonymous said...

Dealing with ailing parents is very rough...I feel for you! Keep strong.