7.21.2006

Where does the time go?

I just can't believe it's been over a month since I was here!

Still working full-time and loving it, except that summer is almost over and we haven't gone on any family camping trips yet. The kids are pretty bummed, so I'm trying to plan something for next month. Paul goes on a week-long sheep hunt with my brother Gary mid-August, so I need to squeeze something in before that.

The kids are doing vacation bible school this week. I'm really surprised at how shy Maggie is being about it. I have to go to all the activities with her, or she totally breaks down. I thought she was over that? Sam and Sage are have fun. Sage will be old enough to lead a group next year.

The yard and gardens are coming along! I spread wood mulch in the two perennial beds yesterday and it looks so pretty. I cleared out a ton of dead brush and scrubby trees from the woods around the edges of the yard and now I'm trying to figure out how to dispose of all of it! haha I got a little carried away and now have at least a dumptruck load of branches. Oops. We can't burn anymore since we planted grass in the side yard, so I'm thinking I'll have to pay someone to haul it away.

The kids and I hiked up to Thunderbird Falls last week...I'm thinking they need a more challenging hike! They didn't even break a sweat. My muscles were aching, though. Sad, huh?

CHAS is happening, and I am sad to be missing out! I am missing designing and even the sore feet that come with working the trade shows. I can't wait to see what Li'l Davis came out with. The sneak peeks look cool!

I hope everyone is having a great summer!

1 comment:

Kori said...

crazy how summer is flying by, huh!
well, do like terry used to do with our big piles....toss some gas on it, throw a match and run! geez! (or maybe it was oil?) ha ha either way, not good advice :)
i'm axious to see all of the goodies coming out...i see MM is finally coming out with wall letters...like "wonderful graffiti". i was wondering how long it would take someone to jump on that one....i'll sure miss your report after cha this year! :) just got back from a nice dinner out w/o kiddos...a much needed treat!