7.11.2007

Scrap Totes

It took a little longer than I thought to find just the right pattern and fabric, but here it is...my first Scrap Tote project! I love it. The size is generous: 17"h x 14"w x 5"deep. And it's completely reversible. The first picture shows it with the pockets inside.


It has six pockets, 3 on each side, and the middle ones on either side are gusseted for extra room. The second picture shows it with the pockets on the outside.
The third picture shows a sheet of 12x12 cardstock inside...plenty of room for paper storage. It would hold several plastic paper storage pockets perfectly. The fabric is a sturdy cotton home dec. I'm already shopping for more fabrics...I love this design so much! I'm also working on matching crafters aprons...fun! It'd make a cute purse or diaper bag, too. :)

If anyone's interested, email me for info on price and availability. If there's enough interest, I'll set up an Etsy shop for convenience.

The kids are making me nuttier than a fruitcake today. They just can't seem to find something to do that doesn't involve making a huge mess. Or maybe I just can't keep up with them? Either way, my house is suffering. I need a housekeeper! Or a wife. haha

I made a cool camo mesh canopy for Sam's bed today. Just as soon as I can fit the bulldozer through his door to clean up his room, I'll take a picture of it.

What else? Oh, tomorrow's class is being postponed one week while we're waiting for some supplies to arrive. There are a couple spots left so if this week didn't work for you, there's still time to sign up. So class will be Thursday, the 19th. Themes are "Today I Am..." and "How Do You Say America?", a patriotic-esque layout. I'm teaching how to make fabric covered brads and a fun technique using arrows. The I Am layout is at the Scrap Shack if you want a sneak peek. Apologies for not posting it here.

OK, I'd better go assess the damage from the past hour. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
I love my bag! Thank you so much. I am looking forward to your class and my apron :)
carrie

Anonymous said...

LOVE the bag, Michelle. SOOO cute! What fun material. I have just started to learn to sew and hoping to make a bag soon.

Jennifer Sizemore said...

Oh, I want one!!!!!!! Can you send me the info????? I'll e-mail you - they are CUTE!!!