11.15.2007

Random Update

OK, here's an update. Hold onto your seats, it's gonna be a thriller!

Seriously, there is NOTHING fun or exciting going on in my life these last few weeks. We're kind of in a rhythm of school, homework, errands, and lazy weekends. Oh, and a whole lot of being sick.

It has afforded me lots of extra time to read, though. Kabul Beauty School really got me interested in the lives of Muslim women, which led to Infidel, a much more in-depth account of what it's like growing up a Muslim girl. I'm reading parts of it for a second time, after finding the author's blog. Warning, her blog takes forEVER to load, but it's worth the wait. I'm looking for more books on this topic, and would appreciate any suggestions!

If you're looking for handmade Christmas gift ideas, go to Sew Mama Sew. Holy cow, they have some cute projects! The wheels are turning! All I need is about 4 more months on the calendar before Christmas to get them all done.

Jamie Waters, one of my favorite scrapbookers, has started a photography blog called {J A C} . Check it out if you're looking for some photographic inspriation. Visit her blog for all kinds of scrapping goodness.

Speaking of Photographic Inspiration...anybody planning on taking a family picture for Christmas cards? I'm thinking of having Darjon do ours this year...something fun, with the llamas maybe. :) I'll need a llama wrangler, though. Wonder if Shelly would be game?

Anywho, that's my update. A real yawn, I know. Just keepin' it real. ;)

1 comment:

Kori said...

pretty darn borning where i'm at also! :) uneventful is sometimes a good thing! ooh, pictures with the llamas and d taking the photos! very fun! hope everyone is feeling better!