5.21.2008

A Day of Surprises


Ever have one of those days when you are going in a million different directions, can't even remember what day it is, let alone where you're going next? That was me yesterday. Sprinkle in a few very unexpected bits of news, and it made for an interesting day, to say the least.


On the happier side of things, I got an email from Rebecca Sower telling me I'd won a giveaway at her blog. So fun! And she even commented on how cute my aprons are. *blush* That woman is a classy lady all the way around. And she does vintage like nobody's business! So I'm totally excited to get that little ditty in the mail.


And speaking of mail, surprise #2 was opening my mail box to find my apron swap package from Jen at Lipstick and Laundry (cutest blog name ever!). She made a sweet little apron from a pillowcase! I just love that she repurposed something like that. She also sent a recipe and some fun blank recipe cards that she made, and a flexible cutting mat. Talk about fun mail! Thanks, Jen!!


Now I need to get on the J.O.B. and get my apron done and sent to my swap buddy. :)


On the not-so-happy side of surprises, I took Lizzy back to the vet to recheck her paw and tummy, where she had an infection. After antibiotics and ointment, the paw is only slightly better, and the tummy is worse. So now they're talking about doing a biopsy. I was crushed. I really need to think about how I want to handle it. I just can't see putting her through what might be endless courses of treatment, trying to figure out what's causing it. I'm going to sleep on it for a few days.


Throw in the fact that it was the last day of school and I somehow got roped into swimming at the girls' pool party....well, let's just say last night was a straight tequilla night. Only kidding. Sort of.


So today's a new day!

I promise I'll post pics of my sweet new apron soon. Just need to get my poop in a pile, so to speak, and regroup.

Breathe.

No comments: